"God beckons storm clouds, and they come. He tells the wind to blow and the rain to fall, and they obey immediately. He speaks to the mountains, "You go there," and he says to the seas, "You stop here," and they do it. Everything in all creation responds in obedience to the Creator...until we get to you and me. We have the audacity to look God in the face and say, "No." - David Platt, Radical
I spent a lot of time outside on this beautiful Houston day. I was reminded of this quote as I stretched out in the swing set fort. I was particularly attentive to the birds chirping and my natural surroundings. I think sometimes living in Houston, it's easy to forget God's majestic creation that we call nature. Don't get me wrong, Houston is great, but it takes a bigger effort on our part to remember and notice the natural things around us (because let's face it, there's not much left untouched around here). But today, I was sweetly reminded of how Awesome God is, of the beauty that he surrounds us with through all of His created things. I remember too, as Platt reminds us, that we are the only ones that say No. I am torn. I have great joy in the celebration of free will; how beautiful our worship must be to Him, a joyful noise indeed. And yet torn because more often, we just say No and go on about our day. As if offering our praise and adoration to him is something we can put on a to do list. Take God off your To Do list and put Him in your Heart. He is pursing you, madly and deeply in love with you...the kind of love that can never be checked off the list - because it is eternal.
No comments:
Post a Comment