Sunday, May 1, 2011

Grace


When I journey with the winds of the world, even if for a moment, Grace finds me and tucks me back in to my Father’s arms.  At times this is of highest comfort.  Yet there are days when I feel the overwhelming darkness of my human heart and before I allow myself to be covered in Grace, I long to bring a sacrifice to His feet.  I search the depths of the sea in hopes of finding a worthy sacrifice to atone for a blatant disregard for the One Most High.  I itch and I squirm trying to break free from Grace, for I have searched my own heart and know that I am not worthy.  I love Him with such passion that my heart aches with pain as I approach, empty handed and tear stained.  I have nothing worthy enough for you my Lord.  I am a bit taken aback when He looks neither surprised nor angry.  He already knows.  He’s always known.  He reminds me of the cross, of His love.  He reminds me that He sent His Son, not to demand perfection but to cover with His blood imperfection.  And though my heart is full of imperfections, He loves me so.  Exhausted from the fight, I draw near to Him, reminded by my recent travels how Great He truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment